Monday, April 5, 2010

The Secret Life of Bee's Garden Shed

Happy Monday! Happy Spring!


Well, I did it! Those of you that know me well know that the book and movie "The Secret Life of Bee's" is a favorite of mine! I have said I would love the Caribbean pink house that the movie takes place in. I guess It's a kind of fantasy of mine. So I decided to paint the garden shed pink. I couldn't find the exact paint called Caribbean pink so I went with paradise pink. It does the job. Mike then trimmed out the shed, put a new door on because our ram had lived in the shed and we cut a small door in the door for him. Mike then added widows, there was only chicken wire. It was then painted pink with white trim and there it sits in the middle of the barn red barns, surrounded by paddocks. As we sat with a cup of coffee and the end of Saturday watching our lettuce grow all the animals came and looked through the fences as if to say, "now you've gone to far" I also wonder what Spankey our ram would say if he could see his old homestead? hmmmm? In any case I love my Secret Like of Bee's garden shed and plan to enjoy many a morning and evening sitting next to it enjoying life.

4 comments:

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

I Think it looks WONderful Pam!!!
can't wait to see it in person & up-close!!!

enjoy your little 'cottage' ~
Blessed be!
Lori

Beth at Crazy4Art4u said...

I love it - Paradise Pink works for me and it does indeed look like a little paradise. Hope to get the chance to see it up close one of these days!

Enjoy it my friend,
Beth

Pams Fiber from Dream Come True Farm said...

I would love to sit and sip tea with you at The Secrest Life of Bee shed!

Anonymous said...

Love it- loved the book, never saw the movie...