Monday, July 26, 2010

Ahhhh, cooler temps, no air conditioner or fans and new shop items!


I'm so happy to report that the humidity is gone, the air conditioners are off, no fans and wide open windows. I even worked in the garden today without breaking into a terrible sweat! What a day. Thank you Mother Nature for the break.
However while I was tucked inside out of the heat I worked on some itty bitty X stitch items. My eyes just are not what they use to be so I only do little projects for a change of pace. So these are the itty bitty's that I have completed this summer. I'm still working on one more, or maybe two more ABC pin cushions. I use mostly scrap floss now all left over from years ago doing larger projects. I feel good about not buying new floss and using up all the left overs. So color choice comes from whatever is left. I came across a gorgeous antique quilt that I purchased many years ago so I decided to take the very worn half of the quilt and make some projects from it. So far I made the two tiny doll pillows or pin cushions.. I think next will be some ornament size Christmas stockings. Its nice to change things up a bit. Soon enough I'll be back on the spinning wheels! Heads up....soon there will be another free give-a-way on this blog! so be sure to sign on as a follower and check back often. Details will be posted soon. Happy Monday. Enjoy, Pam




4 comments:

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Love your little stitches Pam!!
especially the Old Crow Fly away Home stitchery...that's one of Roberta Hyatt's, no?
Happy to see you stitching~Happier that your weather has turned for ya!

Blessed be!
Lori

Coon Hollow Farm said...

Love to see you gettin' your primitive on! Beautiful stuff...Dawn ;)

Pams Fiber from Dream Come True Farm said...

Thank you ladies. It's nice for a change. I'm getting out those tea bags for some dyeing soon too! The old crow pattern came from a stitch and swap, not sure where it originated..and the ABC is an old stand by of mine. I know it by heart!! And the horse and buggy pattern came from one of our visits to our Amish friends in PA. Next I'm doing calico pillows..a can share any of them if you would like. Just let me know

Sandra said...

Hi Pam,
I just went to your Blog from Notforgotten Farm and really enjoyed it. I have not had the privilege of raising sheep and working with the beautiful wool, but I have always loved anything to do with sheep. (have used the wool for needlefelting) I have been a needlework designer for many years and have incorported sheep in many of my designs. You will not believe this, but the little mini samplers that you just stitched are some of my first designs. The designs were done in the early 80's for the original printing. What a small world it is. Just goes to show that traditional designs are timeless. I am definitely going to join your favorites and put your Blog on my Blog.
Sandra
Homespun Elegance
Plain & Fancy Wares