Monday, May 18, 2015

Finn Fleece To Woven Pillow

Hey all, I  have been washing all my fleeces over the past month and everyone is done! Its such a great feeling. I thought Id share a short post on the entire process with some photos.
Who you are seeing here is my Finn sheep Rosie. She was a bottle 4-H lamb so she is extremely friendly. Get into your lap friendly! Rosie has a wonderful fleece that needs to be shorn twice a year. All my sheep and goats are fiber animals that need to be shorn twice in a year. So I get double the fleece from my animals! Rosie grows a fantastic Finn fleece with lots of crimp. So it is next to the skin.
Below is the process that one of my fleeces go through once off the sheep.  From Sheep to Woven Pillow in pictures.


Raw newly shorn Finn Fleece
 6 months growth

                                     Gorgeous crimp

Rosie, peek a boo

                         HEEEEHEEE!

 

One months new growth



                                 Washing the fleece

 drying the fleece
                            newly washed


spinning the fleece into yarn

                          sample skein

  Woven Pillow
 xo

3 comments:

I'll Pour said...

The white wool is so white! Beautiful!!!

AndriusMan said...

Farming isn't easy but building automation systems do help a lot .

erectile dysfunction medications said...

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later. All the best