Friday, September 17, 2010

NEW BEGINNER felted coaster knitting project!



OK, for those who expressed concerns about learning to knit the alpaca scarf and after speaking with my dear friend Marti about beginner knitting classes I have decided to offer two options, your choice for beginner knitters 101. The ribbed alpaca scarf or felted coasters, a set of 4! I love them, they work well and make wonderful gifts, especially hostess gifts. We will learn how to cast on the project, (co)learn the basic garter stitch and bind off (bo), which is to take the projects off the knitting needles. You may be able to complete two here. Then I will give instructions on how to put the coasters in the wash and send them through a wash cycle to felt and thicken them up to turn them into coasters. You will then take your project home and knit 2 or 3 more. We can also needle felt a design or initial on the coaster. I will update a photo of that when I complete one. Just another option with this project. I will of course be available any Sunday for you to return with any questions or problems...These can make great holiday gifts made in all assorted colors. I will have many colors available for you to choose from. Same as the scarf class, any Sunday, your choice 11:30, supplies included in cost which will be $28.00. What do you think? I have to say this is a wonderful project to learn the real basics of knitting. So you choose before your class which project is for you and I will have it all ready. Scroll down to alpaca scarf post for the info. on that class.................. Lets Knit!

As always e-mail me with any questions or call.

No comments: