Friday, October 29, 2010

WILD and CrAzY CaRdInG!


Wild Carding! What a great invention. This is my new wild carder from Ashford. Ashly also felt as though she NEEDED one! So when hers arrived, she came to pick it up and we dragged all the dyed roving, ribbon, yarn bits, locks and whatever else we could find to turn plain old wool roving into art yarn! I had plenty stashed away waiting for the new carder. This carder is able to blend in with the wool all kinds of scraps to create one gorgeous art batt! Which we then spun into yarn. We had quite the day as you can see. It was a lot of fun to see the batts created and then watch it turn into yarn. We both spun our yarns up and knitted neck warmers, that I think is one of my best pieces ever. I wont show it as of yet because I want to find the perfect button to finish this piece of art. I actually had enough of this first run to knit up two neck warmers. One which I'm keeping and the other will go into the shop. Check back to see the final piece. Also you must stop back to see the new alpaca products that arrived yesterday. More gloves with alpaca motif and baby alpaca brushed scarves that are to die for! All in beautiful colors. I just need to drag myself away from the wild carder and take some pics!! Enjoy the wonderful weekend, maybe take a rid eon up and check out the shop and all the new items!


Im going to need to do a demo of this carding one Sunday.
LOOK AT THE CRAZED AND WILD LOOK THAT COMES OVER ONE'S FACE WHEN USING THE WILD CARDER!!!!! wHAT A LOT OF FUN WE HAD, LAUGHS AND BATTS, WHAT ELSE IS THER? THANKS ASHLY FOR A GREAT AFTERNOON.


Oh waht a great invention!

No comments: