Monday, April 4, 2011

Peace in my heart, relief in my mind

After spending time with the folks who have taken the boys yesterday and being in touch with them right through the entire trip and the unloading of the boys to their new farm, I am at total peace. I must admit when they drove away it was quite emotional for me but when the first call came from them and then pictures and comments followed that evening I had a deep sigh of relief and peace. This morning, more pictures and comments then my first visit to the barn yarn for morning chores made me realize with no uncertainty that I made the right and best decision.
The boys are happy and safe, my work load is lighter and my back says Thank you!

Now the visit to the barn yard was quiet and peaceful. It was very enjoyable because my sheep who were always under the feet and pushed around by the alpaca were all slow moving, extremely friendly and very interested in all that I was doing. I realized in that hours time outside that they have been in the shadow of the alpaca boys. The alpacas were such characters, so friendly and inquisitive that sheep got pushed aside. So now the sheep are front and center stage. A new chapter in the barnyard. I'm happy with my decision and mostly I know it was the right thing to do. I enjoyed my time this morning in the barnyard, we shared snacks, there was quite a bit less clean up, I sat around with the gang and took lots of pics. My Dream Come True still exist, just another chapter of it.... Life is good.

No comments: